"Hope you will keep writing & How do we make it big in coffee?"




I  set out to work one of the days, scheduled to meet some of the team members in the shops with the purpose of inspiring them, least did I know that I am the one getting inspired. Or at least, inspired to write something new for the blog!

After almost an hour of  discussion on espresso, extraction and calibration with one team, I move into another hour with a different individual in discussing about overcoming obstacles. Then, I travelled to another shop to meet another of our valued team member and covering topics from taking up a part time diploma to career progression. The conversation started with a question and another hour later, ended with another question, "Suhaimi, how can we make it big in coffee, to be successful and climbed the ladder?" I told the person that it was a good question and while i did my best to provide a reply there and then, I promised to blog about it too before he replied, "And yes, please keep writing because I read all your blogs." That too inspired me and this article that you are about to read, happened!

To make it big in anything or be successful, or a 'success story' we call it, is not a secret. (I am actually embarrassed to even call it success story cos I know I am still far from being where I want to be as a individual or we want to be as a Company.) The willingness to do what it takes to get from point A to point B, not afraid to get my hands on the deck and still doing things that I started doing when I first got into this industry is that secret recipe.

23 years in coffee and playing the co-owner and coffee director role today but when needed, I  still head back to production to help my roastery team fulfilled orders. No complaints, no long faces but just plain fun and getting the work done. One of the main reason of success - Whilst others focus their search on inspirations, the bold ones focus on showing up everyday, despite circumstances, and trust the process. If turning up daily, putting in the hours like everyone else and doing work you love was the lifestyle that brings you where you are now, why change it?


Show up everyday and get things done well. Trust the process and trust Him to provide. There isn't 'too small a job' or 'too big a task' but there is 'too small a mindset' and 'too big an ego'! Do whatever is require of you when the business needs you to get the job done, and do it well!

Don't stop doing the things that make you what you are today. The very least, it keep you grounded and going.

Comments

Popular Posts