I do what I love & I love what I do



I blogged only three times in 2020 and definitely the pandemic was the biggest reason for this low yield of articles. Then again, working from home during Circuit Breaker and a little bit from Phase 1 & 2 allowed me some moment to contribute alot more for Dutch Colony own blog, you can visit www.dutchcolony.sg if you have never manage to follow some of the posts.

Exactly a year ago too, someday in March 2020 was the one and only person to person Student-Barista workshop that I have ever done before we went online with virtual workshops after virtual workshops. It is definitely exciting times now, after concluding a few roadshows in both ITE College East and Central the last few days (above picture taken from one of the roadshow) and the recruitment drive bearing good results, anticipation of more than 60 students that we will be hosting over 2 weeks this coming March, in our Academy!

Photo courtesy of Atan Chua & Dutch Colony 

The other thing that definitely kept me busy in 2020 is the commissioning of our new roasting machine, the Smart Loring Kestrel, and all the works involved in learning, unlearning and relearning managing the new roast profiles after running on the previous machine the last 7 years and last operating the other Loring only in 2014. The recalibration was complex but fulfilling. 

Reflecting back, aren't we lucky that we still have a job that we are still very passionate in when many others out there are biting the dust of the pandemic and its ugly rear. Yes, after all these years in coffee, I am still blessed to be able to say that I am still doing what I love and I still love what I am doing. Alhamdullilah, God is good indeed.

The start of 2021 have been indeed great and I forsee many opportunities to spent more time writing in both I Am A Barista In Singapore as well for www.dutchcolony.sg 

Stay tune as I roll out the next piece of writing in the next few days or so. For now, stay safe and healthy. 

Comments

Popular Posts