Coffee in brand new 2011 year.

There will always be New year resolutions made. Some are kept while some too were forgotten! It will be everything about Life, Career, Passion, Family, hopes and more hopes.

For me, it is kept simple as everything for me evolves around coffee. From career, to passion, to life and hopes and when i wishes for a good Coffee year, my family directly benefits from it. It helps that wifey was an ex-Barista too, she understand my interest and support me in my quest to learn..... Learn we did and what is best to start our brand new year but a trip to Bangkok from the 27th-31st. An asian country so close to us but moving and growing so fast in the Speciality coffee industry. It helps that wifey can idle the time away shopping and spending for our new on-line business!

I pick up a few pointers from the trip to Bangkok. How they serve the Cappuccino, the presentation, the culture and too, the preparation. One for sure, they are not afraid but in fact, proud to showcase their traditional coffee side by side with the other speciality coffee menu. The infamous iced Thai coffee with sweetened condensed milk. The drinking culture there is also crazy. In one of the big malls that i went to, there were Starbucks and 4 others indy cafe in just the same level. Not forgetting 3 Black Canyon on different levels in the same building!! Gosh.... and all was packed. Its madness, i tell you.

For 2011, i hope to be able to contribute more to the Singapore coffee industry and most importantly, help elevate the status of professional barista as a career in Singapore. Enough of the paper chase, you can really live life and earn well as a Barista, especially with the coffee industry still booming here in Singapore.

I really do not know where and how to start but i believe my passion will bring me close to my aspirations and of course, the SNBC 2011 in March will be a good way to end the first quarter of the year and propel my coffee resolutions to greater heights.

Til then, Happy New Year to all and may 2011 brings you better coffee in a cup.


Comments

Popular Posts