Short and Long term Goals

Goals. SMART Goals. Specific, measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timely. I am not too sure if many hold value in setting goals as much as I do but I think it is necessary. Creating goals allow us to set Who we want to be. ( Maybe What we want to be too)

I took a long weekend to clear some leave from 2012 and it was the longest time by far, that I spend in my coffee/study room. Rummaging through some old coffee notes, my heart skipped a second when I discovered a piece of paper that was from 2009 with my scribbled Goals.

I had a 3, 5 and a 10 years goals. Set in 2009 means that I have to review if I achieved anything since 2012 and checking my balance if close enough to 2014.

Did I achieved what I set and have I paced myself well for 2014 (5 years goal) and 2019 (10 years goal). I let you be the judge with the break down of the goals below. :)

3 Years:
- Top 3 in SNBC
- Attend minimum 2 Coffee related workshops
- Attend other countries National Championships
- To own a personal coffee machine

5 Years:
- Learn the rope of coffee buying
- Travel consistently to coffee farms (Asia)
- Join a New coffee roasting company (it was funny that I was plotting a change while still enjoying my current employment at that point of time but that is my belief. Stays in a company for minimum 2 years to influence/ be part of the change and make a difference. ) it was 2 years later when I wrote these goals cos I joined Cuppachoice back in 2007.
- To be an accomplished/ accredited coffee roaster
- To travel and experience different coffee/ cafe culture

10 years:
- To attend and perhaps compete in a World sanctioned coffee competition
- To achieved anything related to coffee in World level
- To experience working in a coffee farm
- To attend minimum 3 coffee certification in any of this aspect ( Barista- Roasting- Cupping- Tasting)
- Travel to coffee farms in Brazil and Ethiopia (happen to be my 2 favorite coffee origins of all time)

Some may have taken longer than planned but some have happened for me faster then I can dare dream of. It's ok to take one or two wrong turns, most important is we dare to dream big and work towards it.

Set goals guys. I did!

Comments

  1. Hi...
    Yes, I set goals too, and my fav coffee also from Ethiopia and Papua :)
    and in the next week, planning to go to Sing (I'm from Indonesia) to have a coffee journey from one coffee shops to another.
    Really need good advise from you Sir, is there any good cafe I should try, and help me to find direction to Toby's Estate coffee in Sg.
    please mail me to lidya_law80@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lidya,

    It does get tricky to Toby's Estate via MRT. The nearest are either Clarke Quay or Outram station but both are 20 minutes walk away. If you manage to head down in this area, there is aplenty of good cafes within walking distance from Toby's Estate. A good landmark, we are opposite Riverview Hotel, along the river bank.

    Do note down the address, 8 Rodyk Street #01-03/04 and Cafe number is 6636 7629 (in case you really got lost)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts