Coffee from Specialty Australian Roaster

Month of March is mixed feelings for me. I have got equal number of bags of Artisan coffees from Australia and parking summons! 5 to be exact but lets just discuss on the former.

Had friends who visited several parts of Australia and knowing the freak coffee guy I am, they came back with packs and packs of coffee. Freshly roasted but of course too much coffee to be consume before the quality begins to "self destruct" in days. After all, i feel freshly roasted coffee should be consumed and finished right after its "peaking" date. Of course, good things are always shared and i open a pack of every blends and pulled a shot for all my beloved Barista and regulars alike.

I had a blend from Sensory Lab www.sensorylab.com.au in which it consists of 4 SO from Brazil Moreinha Formosa, Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, Kenya Kirimara and some random Indonesian beans (Sumatra Mandheling, i assumed) Looking at the assortment of blends, it reminds me of my pride and joy blend, The Brown Man, which is a best seller and also winning me 3rd in the recent SNBC 2011. In my BM, i uses Brazil Fazenda Santa Alina, Ethiopia Yirgacheffe, Kenya AA (which i replaced with Hawaiian Ka'u Forest) and Monsoon Malabar.
Anyways, the blend from Sensory Lab was love at first sip. Sweet cup that gives you a light punch of berry tanginess, smooth and medium bodied. Definitely, my cup of tea. Pun intended!

Next up, Espresso blend from St. Ali Roaster. Not too sure why they indicated Espresso Roast on their bag but if you ask me, it is definitely only City + roast level. Also a 4 SO blends of Brazil Ipanema Bourbon (My fav. when i was in Starbucks Coffee), Colombian Pennsylvania, PNG Kigabah and Ethiopian Harrar. Chocolate, Nuts, Berry and Brown Sugar. Another sweet cup but this time with an almost syrupy finish. Honestly, i forget how it really taste like. Will go back to it as i remembered.

My favorite is the blend from Seven Seeds. They uses a winning micro lot coffee in their blend. Let me try searching for the empty bags and i will return to blog on it. What i do remember though, is that it consists of 4 SO coffee too!

The 4th is from Campos, quite forgettable but this last bag shocks me! It came in last minute too from Irwan, a single origin coffee called Santa Teresa from nicaragua. This one is recent in my taste bud. Sweet cups that reminds you of delicious cold lemon tarts. Juicy acidity and reminds one of lemonade and while sipping it in between, felt like a lemon mocktail in a soda water....;

I owe pictures but i am seriously sleepy now. Adios and drink more coffee....

Cheers,

Suhaimi Sukiman

Comments

  1. Hi there,

    We'd like to invite you to a Nespresso event in April. Will you be able to share your email address with us so that we'll be able to send you the invite?

    Thanks!

    Cheers,
    Fidah
    On behalf of Nespresso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fidah,

    Thank you for reading my post! You can actually view my details under the profile tab.
    Anyways, you can contact me at barista.in.sg@gmail.com or contactus@iamabaristasg.com

    BR,
    Suhaimie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts